When struggling with stress, many people find it helpful to talk through their problems, and perhaps take medication as well. Whatever the need, Carilion Clinic offers supportive services and programs to help residents in our communities return to living satisfying and productive lives. Our Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine offers skilled, compassionate and professional treatment programs for adults, age 18 and older. We offer the following:
- Inpatient hospitalization in a safe, secure, and therapeutic environment
- A unique partial hospitalization program (days in the hospital, nights at home)
- Outpatient treatment in a program designed to provide meaningful therapy and support.
We offer a variety of services and therapeutic treatments in both Roanoke and the New River Valley, including:
- Chemical dependency and recovery care
- Cognitive/behavioral skills groups
- Education groups
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Geriatric psychiatry
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Medication therapy
Our comprehensive inpatient program provides a safe, comforting, and structured environment where patients can heal. Staffed with compassionate psychiatrists, psychiatric nurses, and therapists, we’re here to help you recover and get back to feeling well. Whether you are struggling with anxiety, depression, or other conditions, our treatment team provides warm, personal and appropriate care.
Our outpatient treatment programs are designed to meet the wide range of emotional and psychiatric problems faced by individuals, couples, and families who are wrestling with anxiety, depression or other behavioral health conditions.