As you prepare for delivering your baby, you may want to pack the following items for your comfort:
- Robe and slippers
- Medications you are currently taking
- Insurance card
- Camera, film and batteries
- Support bra
- Going home outfit and blanket for the baby
- Comfortable outfit for mom’s trip home
State law requires a federally approved infant safety seat for transporting your baby in a vehicle.
It is best if you arrange for a responsible adult to bring you to the hospital and drive you home. Please do not bring other children with you to the hospital.
For more information about registration, parking and facility orientation tours, visit the links below:
Preparing Your Family for the New Arrival
If you already have children, you may be concerned about how they will handle the baby’s arrival. Here are some tips to help you prepare your other children:
- Talk to them often about the new baby
- Spend quality one-on-one time with each child before the baby is born
- Take them to the ultrasound so they can see the baby living inside of you
- Ask them to suggest names or nicknames for the baby
- Let them help decorate the nursery
- Take them on a tour of the hospital where you’ll be delivering
Anything you can do to help your child(ren) prepare for the new baby will make the transition smoother.