We offer a wide range of educational programs on pregnancy and parenting.
Pregnancy and Parenting Classes
We highly recommend that you register for these classes by the 4-5th month of pregnancy as class size is limited. Classes currently offered include:
- Baby Care Basics
- Breastfeeding 101
- Breastfeeding for Working Mothers
- Childbirth Refresher Class
- Exercising During Pregnancy
- Facility Orientation
- Grandparenting Today
- Happiest Baby on the Block
- Infant CPR and Home Safety
- Infant Massage
- Introducing Your Four-Legged Baby to Your New Baby
- Low Intervention Childbirth
- Prepared Childbirth Education
Visit our Health and Wellness Events calendar for more information on dates, times, locations, and class descriptions.
Baby Basics Moms Club
If you are pregnant and have questions, you’re not alone. Come meet and talk with other new moms-to-be at the Baby Basics Moms Clubs.
This is a support and education group that covers everything you can expect when you’re expecting. It’s a fun, informative, and free program you can attend as often as you like. You are more than welcome to bring a family member or friend with you.
Locations and Times:
902 S. Jefferson St.
First floor conference room
Morning Club 9:30 – 11: a.m.
Second and fourth Monday of each month
Evening Club 6 – 7:30 p.m.
First and third Wednesday of each month
New River Valley
Carilion New River Valley Medical Center
Carilion Clinic Physician Building, second floor (near emergency department)
Morning Club 10 – 11:30 a.m.
First and second Monday of each month
Evening Club 5:45 – 7:30 p.m.
Third and Fourth Monday of each month
Baby Basics is made possible by funding from the March of Dimes and the support of Southwest Virginia Perinatal Council and Carilion Clinic.
- Visit our online community aimed at helping moms through each stage of pregnancy.
- Feel free to share stories, ask questions and learn from one another.
- Visit us at facebook.com/realmomsknow.