At Carilion Clinic Home Care, we use modern technology to deliver old-fashioned care and attention. It’s our goal to help people of all ages, including the elderly, stay safe and healthy at home.
- What You Need to Know About Falls
- Though falling may not seem to be a common problem, statistics show otherwise. In fact, one in three people, age 65 or older, fall at some point each year. Of that number, 25 percent require medical attention. Clearly, medical alert systems, such as Lifeline, can play a major role in the safety of the elderly.
Philips Lifeline Personal Emergency Response System
Falls are dangerous, most especially for seniors. We’re proud to offer Philips Lifeline, a personal emergency response system that helps seniors get the help they need in case of a medical emergency.
The Lifeline Medical Alert service provides fast access to help 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Plus, the new Lifeline with AutoAlert option provides an added layer of protection. The device automatically places a call for help if a fall is detected and your loved one can’t push the button because of disorientation, immobilization or unconsciousness.
Lifeline helps seniors get the assistance they need in emergency situations. For less than the cost of a cup of coffee, Lifeline delivers:
- Peace of mind for you and your family
- Support when no one else can be there – 24 hours a day
- Prompt help at the push of a button
- The ability to safely remain at home
For more information on Lifeline services call Carilion Home Care at 800-964-9300.
- Telehealth at Carilion Clinic
- At Carilion Clinic we bring modern medicine to your home, making it easier to manage a chronic condition such as diabetes or hypertension. We can remotely monitor your vital signs and symptoms through a simple telehealth monitoring device in your home. It’s as simple as dialing a phone. Abnormal findings alert our nurses, who will visit you at home to assess your situation and get you any help you may need. Call TK to learn more.