Carilion Clinic’s Center for Atrial Fibrillation provides initial evaluation and management of patients with atrial fibrillation. Our team works in connection with several other specialty care areas, including:
Antiarrhythmic Drug Clinic: provides experts supervision, follow-up care and screening for drug side effects in addition to initiation and titration of anti-arrhythmic drug therapy.
Cardaic Device Clinic: provides experts management and follow-up care for patients with atrial fibrillation who have a cardiac pacemaker or cardiac defibrillator.
Anticoagulation Clinic: provides education, supervision, follow-up care and screening for drug side effects in addition to initiation and titration of anticoagulation drugs.
Electrophysiology Laboratory: equipped with cutting-edge technology including biplane fluoroscopy lab, CARTO-3, and Velocity mapping systems and CryoConsole. Our electrophysiologists and cardiac surgeons provide curative catheter ablation for:
- Atrial fibrillation
- Atrial flutter
- Post-surgical arrhythmias
- Surgical ablation of atrial fibrialltion in setting of valve or bypass surgery
- Stand alone minimally invasive surgical ablation of Atrial fibrillation
- Combined staged surgical and catheter ablation of A fibrillation
- Management of:
- Permanent pacing with AV junction ablation for rate control
- Evaluation and treatment of atrial fibrillation-associated sleep disorders
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with high heart rates refractory to medical therapy
For more information, please call the Carilion Clinic Center for Atrial Fibrillation at 540-982-8204.