Carilion Clinic provides comprehensive PALS classes, which are scheduled periodically throughout the year. For information on the class schedule, class attendance process and costs, or to register for a class, please call the Life Support Institute at 540-224-6718 or 888-981-7305.
PALS Students - Precourse Information
- Please review the PALS algorithms before coming to class.
- You may purchase a PALS study book through Carilion Direct at 540-266-6000 or 800-422-8482. A book is included in the course price.
- The PALS book contains useful study materials, including a mandatory practice test that must be submitted to the Life Support Institute two weeks before your class.
- Once you register for the class, you will be instructed to complete the pretest online through the American Heart Association.
- You must score at least 80 percent or better on the pretest to take the class. This ensures that you are prepared and can demonstrate your knowledge of these important life saving skills.
- Once you have completed your assessment, there will be an auto-generated answer sheet that will need to be printed and brought with you to class for admittance.
- If you are taking a renewal class, please bring your current PALS card with you to class.
Prerequisites for PALS
Prerequisites for these courses are that participants have a current American Heart Association BLS card. Completion of a cardiac monitoring course will greatly enhance your ability to successfully complete PALS.
Class Day Details
All PALS classes start promptly on time, per AHA guidelines. Students who arrive late will be asked to reschedule.