All application materials must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Our program is accredited by both the American Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and the American Osteopathic Association (AOA). We participate in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
Preferred Applicant Qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- USMLE passing scores on Steps 1 and 2 CK
- COMLEX passing scores on Levels 1 and 2
- Passed USMLE and/or COMLEX exams on the first attempt
- Medical school transcript
- Graduation from medical school within the previous five years
- For international graduates
- ECFMG certification if applicable
- J-1 visas are sponsored (not H-1)
Interviews are required for all of our Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency positions. Interviews typically begin in late October and conclude by mid-December. We host up to twelve applicants per day, and our interviews are typically held on Fridays.
The evening before interview day residents host applicants and their guests for an informal dinner. This is a great opportunity to learn more about our program, Roanoke and potential future colleagues.
Please contact the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency for more information on our program.
Lauren C. Smith
Program Administrator Carilion Clinic Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency
P. O. Box 13367
Roanoke , VA 24033-3367