Located in the beautiful mountains of southwest Virginia, Carilion Tazewell Community Hospital (CTCH) is a 56-bed licensed acute care facility. This hospital primarily serves the counties of Tazewell, Russell, Mercer and McDowell.
Though CTCH officially became a part of the Carilion Clinic family in 2008, it has been under Carilion’s management since 1981, an affiliation surpassing that of each hospital in the system aside from Roanoke Memorial and Roanoke Community hospitals. In recent years, the hospital has undergone several renovations and expansions.
Wellness and community education programs and support groups are offered to help promote healthy lifestyles and a healthy community.
CTCH is dedicated to community, history and family, as exemplified through memorials and tributes throughout the hospital. Local artists' works decorate the halls and the “Tree of Love,” located in the West Wing, shares the legacy of those who have contributed to the hospital’s expansion fund over the years.
At CTCH, you can trust our family to take care of yours.
Our Board of Directors is a dedicated team of local professionals. They meet regularly to discuss ways to enhance the quality of patient care.
Our Senior Management Team consists of the top-level managers at Carilion Tazewell Community Hospital (CTCH). The Senior Management Team offers leadership, expertise in their respective fields and steadfast dedication to patient-focused care.
Our Board of Directors
- James C. Thompson, Chair
- Charles E. Green, Vice Chair
- Nancye Howell, Secretary
- John S. Piatkowski, M.D., President
- Donald B. Halliwill
- D. Michael Hymes
- Melina Perdue
- Stephen Rinehart, M.D.
- Peggy Riley
- Antony D. Roop
- Michael D. Rorrer, M.D., Chief of Medical Staff
Our Senior Management Team
- William J. (Bill) Flattery, Vice President Carilion Clinic Western Region
- Kathren Dowdy, Senior Director, CNO/COO
- Carol Weaver, Director of Clinical Effectiveness
- Don Mullins, Director of Plant Operations
- Carrie Boggess, HR Consultant
- Alicia Bales, Manager of Medical/Surgical/PCU & Cardiopulmonary
- Kim Brown, Manager of Emergency Department
- Liz Myers, Manager of Imaging Services
- Dora Lee, Manager of Nutritional Services & Environmental Services
- Laura Potter, Clinical Team Lead - Surgical Services
- David Vance, Site Manager, Pharmacy