You can speed up your registration before your treatment and help ensure timely billing by following some of these simple steps:
- Ensure that the information you are providing at registration is accurate.
- Check with your insurance company, physician and/or employer about the need for prior approval for medical services.
- If you come for emergency services, you should contact the insurance company soon after leaving the hospital about the time frame for reporting these services.
- Bring all current medical insurance cards and your photo ID with you.
From the date of service or the date of your discharge from the hospital, you can expect:
- Carilion Clinic to bill your insurance company
- To receive a summary statement of charges for all hospital services after your insurance company has made their payment
- To request and receive an itemized statement of charges
- To receive separate bills from other medical professionals who were involved in your care and treatment (these may include emergency room physicians, radiologists, pathologists and/or anesthesiologists)
- To pay any co-payments, deductibles and/or coinsurance, as required by your insurance coverage (all bills are considered due upon receipt)
- To receive a statement from CSJH indicating any payments received from your insurance carrier — most insurance companies send an explanation of benefits to the subscriber at the time payment is made
- To pay your bill via cash, check or credit card
- To discuss your bill or payment options with a patient account representative
As a patient of the hospital you can access your bill online to make a payment. You will need the prefix and patient account numbers found on your statement that you received in the mail to access your account.
Business office hours
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Patient Account Representative
540-458-3353 or 888-822-1872