The New River Valley Medication Assistance Program (MAP), located at Carilion New River Valley Medical Center, works with pharmaceutical companies to provide medications to persons who meet income requirements.
- Persons who do not have prescription insurance
- Persons who have a current physician willing to participate in the program
- Persons with a monthly household income that meets pharmaceutical companies requirements
The New River Valley Medication Assistance Program staff works with pharmaceutical companies to provide medications to persons who meet income requirements. A call to us can help you determine if you qualify.
Our staff will help you help you by:
- Identifying available programs
- Assisting with the application process
- Following up with refill needs
What should I bring to my appointment?
You will need:
- A list of your current medications with strength and directions for taking them
- Proof of household income (paystubs)
- Copy of your most recent tax return (if you file taxes)
What should I expect to happen?
Medications sent for you are usually in a 90-day supply. Most medications will be delivered to your physician's office and you will pick them up there. Medications picked up from a pharmacy may require a dispensing fee.
It is your responsibility to contact the MAP staff and leave a message that you have received your medication. This is to make sure that proper reordering can take place. Your cooperation with these rules helps the program remain successful.
540-731-2414 or 800-432-7874 ext. 2414
MAP is conveniently located off I-81, Radford exit 109 at Carilion New River Valley Medical Center. Our office is on the lower level near the main lobby/cafeteria elevators.