The Giles Medication Assistance Program is located in the main entrance of the new Carilion Giles Community Hospital.
The Giles Medication Assistance Program was created to assist patients who are unable to afford the medications they need. A call to us can help determine if you qualify.
- Persons under the age of 65
- Persons with no prescription coverage
- Persons who meet financial qualifications
- Residents of Giles, Craig, or Monroe County who have a family physician
- Medicare patients may qualify if they have been denied "Extra Help" through Social Security
What should I bring to my appointment?
- Proof of income (pay stubs, pensions, income tax statements, etc.)
- Medication bottles
- Medical insurance cards
What should I expect to happen?
Medications will be delivered to your physician's office, and someone there will contact you to pick them up. Some medications can be delivered directly to your home address.
Enrollment is by appointment only. Please call the office to schedule an appointment.
Membership responsibilities and fees
There is a membership fee for enrollment into the Giles Medication Assistance Program. The fee is $10 per quarter or $40 annually. You will not be dismissed from the program due to inability to pay dues.
It is your responsibility to alert the office when you receive the medication. This helps the program remain successful.
Hours of operation
- Monday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Thursday, 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Carilion Giles Community Hospital
159 Hartley Way
Pearisburg, VA 24134